Saturday, November 6, 2010

Chattering Raindrops...!!


Ever fell in Love??? More-so, ever fell in love with the rains..??

I have..!! Always have been in love with them.. Being a true Mumbaikar at heart, rains are an integral part of my life.. Although rains or monsoons as we call it,aren't fancied by all Mumbaikars. But I have cherished my encounters with each spell of rain.. Be it the first shower that marks the beginning of the monsoon season, the smell of wet mud that accompanies, the chaos of bringing in the clothes hung outside,  dancing in the puddles, or being drenched from head to toe due to lack of public transportation during the down-pour.. They all make me feel nostalgic..

Living in California, that's one part that I miss about Mumbai (Bombay). The RAINS!! They were always my savior and protector.. Even after the 26th July incident in Mumbai, the rains still held that special place in my heart..We could miss school on a day with heavy rains, so that meant missing an exam or an important submission.. and my dear Rains would bear the brunt on my behalf.. It was always associated with the fun for me.. I enjoyed eating hot bhajiyas and vada pavs when it was pouring hard.. I enjoyed those uber-long walks back from school, with water-clogging in many streets and alleys.. Aahhh if only those days were to come back..!! The shopping for gum boots and umbrellas and rain-coats.. was just adding to all the fun and frolic just before schools start..!!

I wouldn't do justice to the rains if I try to sum up all those endearing flashes associated with it.. The rainbows, the wet leaves, the greenery around, the splattering of rain drops, the peacock's enchanting dance to invite the rains, thundering and lightning, I could just go on and on and on..!! A drenched dog drying himself, children playing football in all the mud and muck and enjoying getting dirty, its just a beautiful sight to see everyone enjoying themselves.. including the earth, that feels satisfied, quenching its thirst after a hot and scorching summer.



Even today, the slightest of drizzle brightens me up.. I know that may sound weird to many people, since the Rain Gods aren't the best mood makers.. But for me, it denotes the season of Love, the season of happiness, the season of being simply carefree.. The cold outside fires up the warmth within me.. I enjoy having a hot cup of coffee or a hot meal with my family.. I look forward to that intimacy with my partner during such amorous moments.. It is no doubt popular as the season of FIRST LOVE..!! puppy love, cuddly moments.. you can call it what you want..!!

Ending on that note, I am off to enjoy my cup of hot chocolate and some hot bhajiyas.. on another rainy day in California.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment